Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A friend is one who walks in when others walk out

I find myself writing about my "friends" alot these days. As once again I have been put to another frienship challenge.
About four years ago I was faced with a loss of a close friend, not due to death ( thank the lord) but just due to differences. And at that time in my life I was so bitter and angry and I wanted no one I knew to have anything to do with that friend. I am ashamed to admit that is not the first time I have done that. I  can chalk it up to I was young...but really is that an excuse....!?!? Since then I have learned my lession ( i believe) that you can never ask another to simply disonnect or heaven forbid "hate" someone that you dislike, just due to your own differences. We all have the right  to be friends with whomever we choose. I am so glad I learned that early on in life as it had made me a VERY unhappy person. People come into your life for a reason or maybe a season.....
My point of this post is no one should tell you whom you can and can not be friends with. If they have to ask you to choose than I believe they were never truly a friend to begin with.
Forgiviness is crucial. I am choosing to forgive and forget. I choose to be happy and surround myself with people that do and feel the same. I believe today president Obama just said in a nut shell we should all have the right to love whom ever who choose and not be judged. That to me has many meanings and really hits home for me today. As I would like the right as well to love/ care/ or communicate with whomever I like. That is my right. Just as it is yours.
 A little different post today, but it has been in my head for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is something we all need to be reminded of sometimes. Forgiveness really makes you feel better in the long run :)

    ReplyDelete